RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: NetEpic future

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:51:36 +0200

Hi Stephane...

Before joining the NetEpic community we tried a similar approach and foun that balancing armies was very difficult. You'll always have players that have a special knack for exploiting weaknesses in any game system, and when you give them a free range of putting together armies as they please, they will end up with killer kombos that might be against the nature of the given army. For instance an army composed of striking scorpion detachments 20 stands strong mounted in wave serpents. You could always counter this by setting limitations on the number of units one might have in each detachment, but then you are moving back towards the army cards again. Wich is what we ended up dooing once we fond netepic. (However we made some adjustmants based on our awailability of minis for instrance we use a spirit host composed of 1 unit of wraithlords and 2 units of wraithguards instead of the Net Epic standard wich is 2 units of wraithlords ans 1 unit of wraithguards)

Cheers
Nils