Re: [NetEpic ML] Anyone thought of or made a demonhunters army list

From: ramospeter <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:45:23 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_m...>
wrote:
> >How about keeping the Grey Knight terminators as a special card,
but
> >allowing grey knights in power armour as a support card. Only one
card
> >per army (or 3000 pts.)???
>
> How does a 40k knight differ from a 40k marine? Unless there's a
difference in capabilities on the Epic scale, we can call the stock
marine a knight and simply change the number of knight terminators.
Since there's no limitation on the number of terminators a normal SM
army can buy, I don't agree with a limitation on the number of
terminators that a Grey Knight army can buy. I agree there should be
an army limitation to cancel out the increase in unit effectiveness,
but not by limiting the amount of what is argueably a core unit.
> -Yar

Hi!

Okay guys, here's what I came up with:

Grey knight special rules

1. Grey knight special cards and support cards may only be purchased
if the opponent is chaos.
2. Only IG and SM armies may acquire grey knight support and special
cards.
3. Fearless: Grey knight units are immune to morale based effects
(chaos cards, demon terror or morale based powers).
4. Psychic saves: All grey knight units receive a 4+ psychic save to
non-physical powers
5. Elite troops

Grey knight support cards

Grey knight squad - same as we have now, remains unchanged.
Demonhunter detachment (terminator armor): 4 grey knight terminator
stands and two grey knight land raiders. Cost 400 points
Demonhunter detachment (power armor): 6 grey knight power armor
stands and three land raiders: cost 450

Grey knight special cards

Inquisitor special cards remain the same.
Demonhunter company (terminator armor): 3 demonhunter detachments
(terminator armor) and one ordo malleus inquisitor as an HQ with
command land raider: Cost 1200
Demonhunter company (power armor): 3 demonhnter detachments (power
armor) and one ordo malleus inquisitor as an HQ with command land
raider: Cost 1350

Stats:

Grey knight terminator, ordo malleus and land raiders remain the
same keeping in mind the special abilities above (land raiders get
them too).

Grey knight in power armor - same stats as veteran SM with powers
listed above.

This would cover all models to be made available in a simple format.

Opinions?

Peter