Re: [NetEpic ML] Imperial hardware book update

From: douglas woodcock <douglas_woodcock_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:35:37 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Luca,

The unreleased models I can send you with the other pics I am due to send you this weekend. I have all of them so it shouldnt be a problem. My camera will be working overtime!

As for new models that have taken over from other models like the sigfried tank I would say keep them separate, I havent check to see if they have the same stat lines but if they are kept separate then there cant be any confusion. Proxies are also hard to pin down because anything can be a proxy of anything so long as your opponent knows... for example the Tau armies are playtested using proxies because the models are too expensive so the point is whether you want to put a note in that certain models can be used as a proxy?

In the Netepic armies I know we dont have some of the models so I would say that in those cases it would be good to 'suggest' proxies and name models if you know of any, otherwise I would have thought its best to leave them out.

What about say a section somewhere separate that lists companies that do good proxies whether it be for Tyranids or IG but then people can decide for themselves. Any Opinions?

Doug

Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...> wrote:

Variant E:40K unreleased eldar vehicles and fliers: an important bit of
info, as I didn't hear about them. If anyone could send me a list of
models, I will add them to the relevant entries. Of course, having
pictures would be even better :P

> The hardware book looks great .The listings for the gorgons is
> incomplete.There have been 3 types (marks) of gorgon released.The
> second picture is not of a gorgon but one of the new siege infantry
> vehicles.This book will be a great reference and has reminded me just

Added a new Gorgon Mark III, will be in the next update. I was looking
for this confirmation as I thought there could have been another
version. As for the new vehicle: I know, if you look at the info you'll see
the "Gorgon" is indeed an Imperial Guard Sigfried Tank, and one of the
models in the Siege Artillery Company looks like another Gorgon
variant, too. When a new vehicle gets "assigned" as a Mark XXX of an
old one I always take care to report the name under which it is
currently being sold, to avoid possible confusion.

This however spawns a question: up until now, my intention was to
map every miniature to a NetEpic detachment; the books are intended
for NetEpic, after all. However, nothing forbids me to just add new
entries for the new vehicle types, noting in the relevant info line that
they may serve as proxies for some other NetEpic type and/or that
they are not currently used to represent a specific NetEpic
detachment. Which way would you prefer?

Luca Lettieri

Yahoo! Groups Links