Imperial hardware book update

From: <magnus_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:26:41 -0000

Posted a pretty major update of the Imperial book. I'd like to say
it's the last big one, but every time I think I'm nearly done I make
some horrible "oh no I need to add 100 more entries" discovery, so
I'll be quiet this time.

I've had to split it in two parts because the full book now clocks in
at 103 pages and 5.6M, and Yahoo doesn't let me upload anything over
5M. I'll soon start to think about giving it more visibility by
uploading somewhere else, too. I have little doubts that every epic
player, and not just NetEpic ones, can find this work useful.

As for the update: the biggest change is the inclusion of a load of
E40K material. This means several vehicles (basically all the ones
released during the last two incarnations) have several modular
variants displayed in their entry. I've also substituted a batch of
GW and FW-derived pictures thanks to a new contribution. And if
you're curious about the Psi-Titan, now you can see one (renamed
Warlord Class Psi-Titan to make it consistent with the Emperors'
classes naming convention).

With this update I've pretty much assumed that every vehicle comes in
two different variants for E:40K and E:A. I'm very far from being
sure this is the case, but the bits displayed in the US online store
for the current vehicles are different from the ones found in the
E:40K catalogue. This is certainly not conclusive, though, because
current GW policy is to not sell individual Epic bits, so it's
entirely possible the US store is lying about them; the web guys
presumably can't be bothered with accurate but useless work.

As always: if someone knows better, please

* LET ME KNOW *

Luca