Re: [NetEpic ML] grey knights

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:08:53 +0100

On 13 Dec 2004 at 2:17, cibernyam wrote:

> I've noticed that GW has a bit of inconsistency with grey knights (as
> with some other things). The thing is as follow: - Grey knights can
> only be purchased as a teleported terminator squad - There are some
> nice grey knight miniatures useless under these conditions

He, welcome to the wonderful world of GW retconning. Up until
recently, GK were supposed to be all Terminators. They're a
combination of a SM captain and a super-psi all in one package, and
are especially trained to kick demonic ass, so they tend to get the
nicest toys. Or at least, they were so. I guess when GW released the
Codex Daemonhunters they couldn't lose the occasion to release GK
power armour figs, so now we have "normal" GK. Bah.

> Indeed Grey knights are one more chapter of space marines (number 666
> IIRC) with more or less standard chapter organization (tacts, devs,
> etc...).

Not so. GK tend to be used incredibly rarely due to their scarcity. Some
of them work as a personal escort for Inquisitor Lords. In general, they
should be thought as the equivalent of a special force. Fielding a
company of GK should be out of the question, IMHO. As a matter of
fact, even fielding one single detachment in an Epic-scaled battle is
dubious.

Luca Lettieri