Whither NetEpic ?

From: peyoterattle <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:26:25 -0000

In my Game yesterday (8 glorious Hours of frenzied point-counterpoint)
I had the good fortune to play in a wonderful old-school store (free
plug below) and I was struck by a few things:

If this is an Old Topic: please forgive me: I've been off-line for
four years!!

1) There are a -lot- of WizKidz RoboClix players out there
2) they have a _lot_ of models
3) most of those models remain unused
    (due to the nature of Clicky-tech tourney play)

My thought is this: Has anyone done any work on developing
self-contained Army Lists using the available WizKids 'DarkAge'
click-tech toys and the Core NetEpic rules?

  The toys are 1) cheap (especially as WizKids has foolishly cycled
the first few sets out of Tournament play); 2) Ubiquitous (there were
some 10-20 people playing, all having _huge_ collections : may be a
local anomaly though, based on a Tournament that was happening the
next day)and ; 3) nigh indestructible. These are well made toys, not
delicate expensive Models.

I know thoughts have turned to expanding NetEpic: perhaps a direction
would be to expand it into Another milieu? (Thus: 40K armies only
need be 'guaranteed' compatible with other 40K armies), but it would
allow MechWarrior-Clicks people to do something with their huge
collections beside gather dust: most of these guys are Younger (<24)
and don't have the patience for a Strategic game (or Painting), but
"NetClix" would provide a bridge between their world and ours-

I know Kennneth had already made strides in this general direction
with his SJ Ogre imports (though I did not care for the ad hoc 40K
background: I would have preferred it remain a seperate 'mythos' with
'OgreThulhu' providing cross-over potential)
 and I have had a yen to Stat Up the Monday Knights MATAAC line;
http://www.mondayknight.com/mkpindex-MAATAC.htm
for Years-

Anyway: random thoughts...

Store Plug: If you are in Houston: Enigma Collectibles is a _very_
Mellow place to play:
http://www.enigmagame-tx.com/

Tell Will'm that Thomas sent you for no discount whatsoever!

T'oma

YuMe MiRu MoNo TaCHi MiNa SuKuWaReRu