Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos army book

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:38:41 -0400

Hi!

My stance would be to add two more options to the poll:

No animosity

Pervasive animosity (everybody hates everybody).

 From a game point of view, no animoisty is not good. The chaos army as
conceived originally is a tad unbalanced for unfettered use of mixed
chaos powers. Too good.

Given the above, then perhpas the "best" solution is "pervasive"
animosity. Meaning all factions are hostile to each other. From a logic
point of view (as much as can exist in a universive with demons in
them...) demons, regardless of ethos, hate each others guts and will
ally in a very narrow focus. On a game mechanics side this actually make
"theme" armies tactically better. This means a Tzeentch only force works
better than a Tzeentch with Korne one or other combinations. this
lessens the gamesmanship bonus of making such armies becuase of the
animosity rule and makes theme armies more attractive, which IMO is a
good thing.

I understand the original books thoughts and reasons behind which
factions hate whom, but truth be told this is one of those instances
where the newer fluff makes more sense:

Martial close combat god (Khorne) hates magic, kill you at a distance
god (Tzeentch)

God of desire, pleasure, individuality hates god of disease, no personal
gratification and despair (Nurgle)

Its quick simple and easy to remember.

Granted regardless of final result, everyone will use what they may, but
from a pure game balance/mechanic perspective I beleive either pervasive
animosity of Khorne vs Tzeentch, Slaanesg vs Nurgle are the simplier
more effective choices.

Peter