Re: [NetEpic ML] GW shares crumble - the Beast is Dying

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 05:09:57 -0700 (PDT)

Stephane,
Take it easy on GW. It is never good when something
like this happens to a company. Even if they did treat
their exisiting customers poorly. This same company
who you are bashing designed the great game Space
Marine 2nd edition which NetEpic took off from. That
being said they screwed up every edition of Epic
afterwards with poor rules and lack of support. Now
they are reaming people with the costs of their minis.
Because of this a lot of companies I wouldn't have
taken a look at now get my business. I buy GZG 6mm,
Adler, Brigade Models to name a few and am always
looking for new ones. I no longer game in 28mm for
skirmish, instead I use 15mm. Cheaper!!! The LOTR
rules were actually pretty decent in my opinion.
The positive of this all is that expands our choices
and creates opportunities for new companies to develop
and grow. The negative is that if GW were to go down
hard it would be quite hard to fill the void. So ease
off, a good bash from time to time is fine, but don't
gloat because they over marketed a product line. They
will still make about $250 million this year and show
a profit.
Darius
Net Epic 4.1 Forever!!!!!!
--- Stephane <kotrin_at_...> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> just in case some of you didn't notice, GW shares
> are down 40% since
> the start of the week.
>
> As it seems, treating their customer likes sh*t,
> raising prices,
> cutting on events, forbidding online stores and
> discounts, and
> releasing one Marine Sub-Codex per year is finally
> going to hurt them
> *financially*.
>
> Oh, and I forgot about Warhammer Online Disaster and
> the long gone
> hype
> about Lord Of The Rings line - another word for
> "miserable failure"
> rule-wise.
>
> We'll see if they manage to get out of this one
> while raising their
> prices again and bringing in more Space Marine
> chapters. Maybe we
> should suggest them to release Epic square stands
> again? I'd
> certainly
> buy some... :o)
>
> Stephane