[NetEpic ML] Re: Tempest Companies

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:22:46 -0000

Well, i was feilding an Ork army with a blood axe card and a evil
suns card,, mixed with a bad boys speedsta unit card. I basicaly
had speedstas, a Great gargant, a brain crusher card and my new
favorite unit,,, mekboys with Shokk attack guns.
they had an unexpected effect on the battlefield much to my
opponents chargrin. They single handedly took out two phantoms in
the second and third rounds.
but my other orks were trying to get across the field and being
blown apart from teh tempests, and falcon hosts, meanwhile T'oma
was using a khorn army that was equipped for blowing apart infantry
via his titans, and of course close combat. But he didnt get into
much close combat.
so the game was effectivly moot but we gained the moral high ground
and the frustration factor due to his titans dying to a 50 point
unit. But we vowed to never play with him again. When somebody does
something soo beardy we call it being Gaddized
Brian

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Ramos <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Brian Dean wrote:
>
> >I and T'oma both played this person, and there were no less than
3
> >tempest companies. It was sick, you coulndt easily touch him and
> >not to mention, 3 phantoms, a warlock and a pair of revanants,
and a
> >little bit of normal "conventional support" . And what got my
> >proverbial goat was no infantry at all.
> >Sorry about the diatribe, but in an openion,, it was a broken
army
> >to our respects. Blatently using the rules in such an advantage
> >that he was terrible hard to beat.
> >I agree with T'oma, or add this,, only one company card of
tempests
> >to be fielded by the player, but still adding normal support
cards.
> >This represents that tempests are still kind of rare and a
valuable
> >resource for the eldar.
> >just an idea,,,, Brian
> >

> Hi!
>
> I've faced this army before, it is simple to be though, depending
on the
> army.
>
> The easiest is with SM, you can select the balanced for of your
choice,
> just use T-hawks or drop pods to place the infantry in his
baseline of
> the first turn. The most original use of this was a player who t-
hawked
> a couple of devastator detachments to the eldar players baseline
and
> shoot at the tempests from behind, remember the -2 rear armor
penalty,
> add its normal -1 and you have a -3 modifier!
>
> Squats - just use a biker company to stike deeply and fast, not to
> mention thunderers on first fire, with 3 die per stand odds are
you get
> quite a few of them before they duck back in cover.
>
> Tyranids, a couple of detachments of biovores will make the eldar
player
> either move those tempest (thus losing the pop-up advantage) or
suffer
> its high save modifier, not to mention using one or two
detachments of
> lictors who with their infiltration ability (and not being able to
fire
> at them when more than 25cms away) will reek havoc on those
tempests.

> IG, a roughrider company should do it, then again, for every
tempest
> company you can bring MORE shadow swords and pick him off with
that
> lovely -4 modifier.
>
> I have to agree with Jar. How is this different from all
bloodletter