Eldar and Orks (Was: Re: [NetEpic ML] Eldar Book)

From: Jyrki Saari <mojarn_piett_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...> wrote:

> >1. Do people want to allow orks as allies for
> Eldar?
>
> There's no tradition of hatred between Orks and
> Eldar. Eldar hates Chaos (and the idea of rerolling
> one's in Close Combat isn't a bad one) and Squats
> hate Orks. Let's leave it like that.

[snipped other good Qs]

The way I see it is that the problem is not with Eldar
allying with Orks out of necessity. They probably
consider humans to be just as disgusting. Rather, it's
the other way around. Would Orks ally "wiw da pansy
pointy earz"? Or with anybody for that matter. They'd
probably just attack their allies as well to get a
really big fight. Blood axes may be an exception, but
"Dey's gone 'oomie" anyway... ;o)

This is purely from background POV. I haven't
considered play balance at all so feel free to fry me.
:o)

I'll comment the other questions separately if there's
any difference in opinion.

Jyrki Saari