Re: [NetEpic ML] BaneLord Questions

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:57:49 -0400

Hi!

It seems we are thinking different things, see below:

Jarreas Underwood wrote:

>>1) Is 'BaneLord' now considered 1) a generic term for a daemonically
>>enhanced WarLord Titan, 2) a Khorne specific WarLord, or 3) only the
>>'pre-packaged' Khornate WarLord with the specific weapons we all know
>>and loathe..? (I'm hoping its option 1) a generic term for a
>>daemonically enhanced WarLord Titan...if not: I think it maybe should
>>be. It's just too cool!)
>>

>You know, I hadn't done the math before but a Banelord is a Warlord that has fixed weapons and costs 50 points more. It's also got the 'if Chaos player is winning it gets stronger' bonus and it's the only Warlord titan that the Chaos Powers can take.
>
>Here's the breakdown:
>Standard Chaos: Reaver (Special Card) and Warhound (Special Card)
>Khorne: Banelord (Warlord-class, Special Card)
>Slaanesh: two scout-class titans (Support Card)
>Chaos Marines: Warlord (Special Card), pair of Warhounds (Special Card)
>
>So it's not that unreasonable to pay a little more for the advantage of having a Warlord in a Khorne army.

I'm not following you here, why is the cost more?

>>1.5) Corollary Question: Can a BaneLord take other weapons than the
>>'standard' BaneLord pre-package and still be considered a BaneLord?
>>

>Nope - a Banelord comes with fixed weapons.

I thought giving the weapons a cost ment you could.... ?

>>2) Can Non-BaneLord Chaos Titans have access to what used to be
>>BaneLord specific Weapon mounts...? The rules as written don't
>>forbid this (as far as I have found), and I am very pleased by this idea!
>>

>Yes, but you'd have to run a Chaos Legion to get access to a Warlord. The Reaver is available, though, and can carry most of the Banelord weapons.
>
>As a note, I'll go back to the Chaos book and add which hulls can carry what weapons, as is in the Adeptus Mechanicus book.

This we said the same thing on.

I think the banelord chassis should could the same as the standard
warlord, since the ability to not first fire is quite a BIG restriction,
but its balanced by the benefits.

Also I would prefer the banelord chassis could sport more weapons (free
selection), but remain a Khorne specific unit.

Opinions?

Peter