[NetEpic ML] Re: BaneLord Topic #2: army construction

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 23:46:45 -0000

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_m...> wrote:
> >(as far as the Chaos / Titan Legions army list, I will happily
> >volunteer to put one together, at least as a rough draft for review.
> I think you miss a point. The Titan Legions army is already done -
it's the Codex army from >the Adeptus Mechanicus Army Book. Aside from
a minor edit in the Chaos army >construction page, it's done.

 Oh, Right!! < Zonks head at inability to see the obvious >

 Jar: would you be able to put a 'stripped-down' version of
'Mechanicus' that I can actually read with my PDF issues?
 (an email attachment would be fine: either way- )

> I wouldn't mind seeing any research you'd care to do, but I'm more
for >a "a little of this > and a lot of 'already done' in my work".

Quite Right: I understand!
    The research is mostly BackGround about existing Titan Legions
culled from various and sundry GW sources, a few rules regarding
Legion 'Special Abilities' (basically the Citadel Journal stuff you
already have + addition of Slaaneh & MaLaaL special abilities) and a
little bit of Theory regarding the (de)evolution of Chaos Titans and
Vehicles ...

  (I have this idea of micro-analysing the development of Chaos
Vehicles as the Daemonically Enchanced and mutated versions of their
basic Imperium Machine-Spirited Counterparts.
   Thus: A Land Raider mutates/evolves into a Death Dealer*, a Death
Dealer mutates/evolves into a Lord o' Battle. Similairly a Cannon of
Khorne is simply a Daemonically mutated Predator and a Cauldron o'
Blood is a Daemonically mutated Immolator: one of the 'sticking
points' in my Head was determining where the Chaos Legions derived the
Equipment that was 'Extraordinary' as far as their Imperial Heritage.
 The Law of Entropy said the equipment should get worse, not Better:
the Law of Chaos says the equipment gets _Worse_, not 'worse'...but I
heavily Digress!!!)

The Main thing I personally think needs to be developed & expanded (if
it hasn't already: remember, I can't read the current PDF's.....and
this is what I was planning on doing the work for) is 'Build your Own'
rules for Imperators and Mega-Gargants that follow the existing
structure of the current Titan and Gargant systems.

......Has this already been done.....?

      The Precedent already exists in the WarMonger and Abominatus: it
would be a simple matter (Simple? Hah!!) of using the same existing
rules structure for Pointing out the various possible weapons and
figuring a Base Hull cost.
        The Weapons already exist for Imperator "Hot Swaps", Too: The
Forge World Ordinatus Praetorians! Abstracted in this way, a
WarMonger is simply an Imperator Hull with 4 weapon choices of
Ordinatus Golgotha. Similairly; Ordinatus Armageddon is simply a
mobile platform for a single Imperator Plasma Anhialator. Moreover:
a Gnurgle Plague Tower is simply a Gnurgly version of a 'Lost' Forge
World Ordinatus....and becomes the Basis of a Gnurgle Imperator! ( I
-really- want to make an Imperator with four slots of Ordinatus Mars
weapons: the Ultimate Anti-Noise marine Machine: Come to Think of it:
 That is _exactly_ what a Slaanesh Imperator would be armed with!!!!)

Reb T'oma

Friends Don't Let Friends be Tetsuo..{'Akira' reference of course...)

* BTW : has anyone else noticed that a 40K Chaos Defiler is
basically.....Basically: nothing but a Death Dealer with no Transport
capability????