Re: BaneLord Topic #2: army construction

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:17:44 -0000

( I
-really- want to make an Imperator with four slots of Ordinatus Mars
weapons: the Ultimate Anti-Noise marine Machine: Come to Think of it:
That is _exactly_ what a Slaanesh Imperator would be armed with!!!!)

and on its legs would be the phrases to burn into your skull,,,,I
wanna ROCK!!! and Hell's Bells

OH gods i can just see it now,, T'oma with this imperator with giant
pipe organ stacks looking like demtented wings, sonic looking
equipment, spikes, chains, guns, Slanesh runes and,,,,,, a stand of
noise marines with microphones, Singing Highway to hell by AC/DC!!!

(preparing for tommorrows battle,, not the eldar vs Khorne, but my
Evil suns and Bad Moons faceing eldar,,, FAST vs FAST and CRUNCHY)

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Toma Diener" <peyoterattle_at_y...>
wrote:

> --- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_m...>
wrote:
> > >(as far as the Chaos / Titan Legions army list, I will happily
> > >volunteer to put one together, at least as a rough draft for
review.
> > I think you miss a point. The Titan Legions army is already
done -
> it's the Codex army from >the Adeptus Mechanicus Army Book. Aside
from
> a minor edit in the Chaos army >construction page, it's done.
>
> Oh, Right!! < Zonks head at inability to see the obvious >
>
> Jar: would you be able to put a 'stripped-down' version of
> 'Mechanicus' that I can actually read with my PDF issues?
> (an email attachment would be fine: either way- )
>
> > I wouldn't mind seeing any research you'd care to do, but I'm
more
> for >a "a little of this > and a lot of 'already done' in my work".
>

> Quite Right: I understand!
> The research is mostly BackGround about existing Titan Legions
> culled from various and sundry GW sources, a few rules regarding
> Legion 'Special Abilities' (basically the Citadel Journal stuff you
> already have + addition of Slaaneh & MaLaaL special abilities) and
> little bit of Theory regarding the (de)evolution of Chaos Titans
and
> Vehicles ...
>
> (I have this idea of micro-analysing the development of Chaos
> Vehicles as the Daemonically Enchanced and mutated versions of
their
> basic Imperium Machine-Spirited Counterparts.
> Thus: A Land Raider mutates/evolves into a Death Dealer*, a
Death
> Dealer mutates/evolves into a Lord o' Battle. Similairly a Cannon
of
> Khorne is simply a Daemonically mutated Predator and a Cauldron o'
> Blood is a Daemonically mutated Immolator: one of the 'sticking
> points' in my Head was determining where the Chaos Legions derived
the
> Equipment that was 'Extraordinary' as far as their Imperial
Heritage.
> The Law of Entropy said the equipment should get worse, not
Better:
> the Law of Chaos says the equipment gets _Worse_,
not 'worse'...but I
> heavily Digress!!!)
>
> The Main thing I personally think needs to be developed & expanded
(if
> it hasn't already: remember, I can't read the current PDF's.....and
> this is what I was planning on doing the work for) is 'Build your
Own'
> rules for Imperators and Mega-Gargants that follow the existing
> structure of the current Titan and Gargant systems.
>
> ......Has this already been done.....?
>
> The Precedent already exists in the WarMonger and
Abominatus: it
> would be a simple matter (Simple? Hah!!) of using the same existing
> rules structure for Pointing out the various possible weapons and
> figuring a Base Hull cost.
> The Weapons already exist for Imperator "Hot Swaps", Too:
The
> Forge World Ordinatus Praetorians! Abstracted in this way, a
> WarMonger is simply an Imperator Hull with 4 weapon choices of
> Ordinatus Golgotha. Similairly; Ordinatus Armageddon is simply a
> mobile platform for a single Imperator Plasma Anhialator.
Moreover:
> a Gnurgle Plague Tower is simply a Gnurgly version of a 'Lost'
Forge
> World Ordinatus....and becomes the Basis of a Gnurgle Imperator!
( I
> -really- want to make an Imperator with four slots of Ordinatus
Mars
> weapons: the Ultimate Anti-Noise marine Machine: Come to Think of
it:
> That is _exactly_ what a Slaanesh Imperator would be armed
with!!!!)

> Reb T'oma
>
> Friends Don't Let Friends be Tetsuo..{'Akira' reference of
course...)

> * BTW : has anyone else noticed that a 40K Chaos Defiler is
> basically.....Basically: nothing but a Death Dealer with no
Transport