Re: Eldar , Tau, and thanks for all the fish

From: Brian Dean <Morachnyion_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:02:54 -0000

And in the meantime, i will be working up on some stats and ideas
for using either cav (which i already own) or Heavy gear and
combining the minitures with the tau weapon philosophy with T'oma
when we get teh chance. I would like to use maby a little of both
or have some corallary of both ideas. But the smaller fleet action
Gears may make good substitutions for crisis suits and smaller
knights, and or,, the standard size make good knights and teh Cav's
Light quick stand off titans, Ie: the Ogre, Katana, and mastodon.
just ideas for now.
Fluff idea,, After contacting a imperial knight world, the tau
realized thier lack of quick scouting and stand off machines after
being handed a sound defeat by the backward Baronial world of Lictus
prime. (pronounced,, LICKED'US). The shesval would be a baron
substitute and maby the knights would have six differant varients
and three or four light titan variants.

MOre ideas coming from the wabi sabi think tank,,, (vrrrrummmmmm).

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Brian Dean" <Morachnyion_at_h...>
wrote:

> So, when the new Eldar book is put into beta format, will the
generic
> units of the tempest host and titan battlegroup be put back in.
In
> this same vein of ideas, i have a compromise with Yar. I can see
Saim
> Hain striking fast and hard but, woudl not get rid of their more
> powerful units. So, instead of getting rid of the above cards,
have
> them set to Special cards instead. Forcing a player to pick
wisely,
> and only using them for a game that is 6000 points or larger. I
think
> this would make me happy along with others that love a fast and
hard
> hitting army.
> Strike fast-Solid punch. This is my normal doctrine when using
eldar
> on the feild. haveing fast units on the flanks and center and
shoring
> up defenses with "land battleships and cruisers" along with
artillary
> that hangs out in the back field causing problems for my enemies.
It