Re: [NetEpic ML] Squats

From: cibernyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:40:02 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "yar_underwood" <jarreas_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:32 PM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Squats

> Four issues with the Squat book and I think it's done.
>
> 1) Would someone please write a better background than what's in there?

If I have time I'll try to do something but at thismoment is rather
difficult for me. Hope I got time tomorrow or next weekend. I've seen most
units have their fluff text reduced (in most cases due to repetition of
ability explanation) although, IMHO, maybe some fluff seem to be summarized
a bit too much in one statement.

> 2) Is the special rule Defensive Aerial Fire accpetible?

Yes. But Still needs playtesting.

> 3) Zutiks are soft & flabby? What's the opinion on this rule?

It is balanced by their cavalry and the fact that it is a fast force. If
still it is found too weak, we could test giving hard too hit to all cavalry
all the time and not just defending their home world. Another possibility
could be giving CC reroll bonus to cavalry. In any case it is difficult to
rule without any playtesting experience.

> 4) I combined the Hellworm and the Land Train into one set of rules, as
> well as a unified list of battlecars. Reactions?

Already commented.

Other comments:
- Commercial world clans cannot ally orks, Chaos and Tyranids. They are
traders, not stupids, if they would ally orks, other clans would atack them.
The exemple in the text is wrong (if they cannot ally Chaos, it is obvious
eldar and chaos won't have compatibility problems). I suppose the
restriction on tyranids has been eliminated given the fact that Tyranids
ally with noone.
- Tech priests have their special 4+ save for mechanic units reduced to 5+.
Why?
- Zutik ratling snipers have their text cut & pasted directly from the
imperial book. They do not inhabit imperial worlds. Substitute first line
with "These are small humanoids that live a quiet and peaceful life in the
same planet as Zutik clan, but some individuals sometimes join the Zutik
Clan forces looking for adventure.They posess uncanny..."
- Ram attacks against infantry, cavalry and walkers now ignore fixed saves.
The Inquisition, as an affected part, is wondering who forgot to include the
line about fixed saves. Seem they got some nice toys to test... :-P
   It seems also that Ram has lost a bit of punch against Gargants, scoring
now only one hit, instead of 1d6 if winning CC. While for most titans it is
reasonable, it is not for gargants. I'll keep the rule as designed (legged
Titans get 1 hit on the foot, leg-less titans, Gargants, praetorians and SH
tanks get 1d6 hits on their ground hit locations). IMHO, being a new unit
using an attack type not used before, an example is useful and illustrative
and I recommend keeping it.
- I like new rewording of Zutik Bombers
- Ork typo in Goliath mega-cannon: 'ignorez Cover'
- Observation baloons have their hard to hit save reduced from -2 to -1.
Maybe reducing their cost to 75 could balance this.
- There's a typo on the leviathan card that allows to fire a d-day cannon
with 360� fire arc, something that would had really amazed the enemy...

I didn't have time to check the unit tables of stats and costs, maybe next
week!

Albert