Re: [NetEpic ML] Squats

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:46:11 -0400 (EDT)

>--> Well I finally looked over unit final summary of stats and I've been
>quite disapointed. When Hellworm battlecars were 'normalized' with Land

My fault. Corrected.

>It's true some battlecars could be very tempting to add to Hellworm, but
>they just don't fit their purpose of close support for tunneling companies*.

IMO the flamethrower car is *perfect* for close support. How about the following divisions:

Land Train cars: PD(2), 2+ All Around armor, no movement, +3 CAF
Berserker, Bomb, Iron Eagle, Skyhammer

Hellworm cars: PD(4), 1+ All Around (closed) or 3+ All Around (open) armor, no movement, +4 CAF
Buoy, Carrier, Cannon, Barrage

Common battlecars
Dragon, Shield, Mortar, Secondary Engine

The Special Card comes with itself and one battlecar, and you can take up to two support cards of cars. Get rid of the standard / specialized categories and give the specialized ones a "you can only have one of these" rule.

>--> I don't know why it was rewriten the rule that secondary engines have
>anything to do apart from giving void shields and being a burden.

I did it because I wanted to make the secondary engine useful. I changed the base speed to 10 cm, with the secondary engine adding +5 cm base speed. If you want to get across the board in a hurry, you have to dedicate one of your battlecars to extra speed. Why would you take a car that only adds a shield when you could take a car that adds a shield *and* has another useful ability?

>>Finally, given that the Hellworm only moves 15 cm a turn, how many
>>battlecars can it pull out of the ground each turn?
>>
>-->Well, this was pointed out some time ago, but I cannot give you an
>answer.

I'm proposing one. First turn, the engine and 3 battlecars appear. Next turn the last 3 cars show up. After that it reverts to base movement.

How about Ram text as follows:
Rams can move along the surface and attempt to crush infantry, cavalry and
walker-class units in their way. Move the Ram and roll a die as each unit is
encountered and on a 4+ it takes a hit at -4 TSM, otherwise it moves aside and the Ram
continues. Models moved do not lose their actions (such as with the Eldar
Wave Serpent).

I changed "killed" to "takes a hit at -4 TSM" - things it hits will probably die, but the wording allows fixed saves.

>---> Well, that means a sure kill for anything but a gargant or an
>imperator, mot of the time. I would leave D6 for three or more lower
>locations (gargants, lord of battles,...), D3 for two locations (each leg)
>and 1 if agile. These way there's a chance to survive.

The origional D6 hits pretty much guarantees a kill on most things anyway. I like the D6 or 1 choice, so how about we lower the Ram's CAF to +5? That keeps it reasonably dangerous to titans (who have their CAF halved) but doesn't make it overwhelming.
-Yar

\~
 |~ ^
/~ |
         You are here. Wouldn't you rather be out there? -->