NetEpic Convention: ...and Why Not...?

From: Toma Diener <peyoterattle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:17:07 -0000

Hello There-

I have been thinking... < warning lights go off >

Why doesn't the NetEpic group as a whole organize an Annual
Convention? There are enough of Us 'Grown-Up' types that devote
ourselves to this particulair Obsession...

Why Don't we Do it ouselves?

I've offered to HiJack AggieCon to no real response, and GamesDay is
"Right Out" IMHO...

... I suspect we might get more "bites" if we staged something nearer
Yar's Neck 'o' the Woods (Washington DC environs).

If we started setting something up now (or the near future) for say,
Summer 2006, we could do it, I do believe!! (Testify! Testify!!)

For me at Least:
An Annual "Gathering of the Clan" would be enough to create a 'Happy
Spot' for the entire year!!

(It would also be a good place to trade Models, Painting Techniques,
and create a sense of Greater Community opening doors to New
'converts' to NetEpic)

...Thoughts...?

"ReB T'oma, the Shaman'O'Gamin' "
Memetic Engineer-Knight Kadosh

Head Designer, Wabi-Sabi Games
"If It's Wabi-Sabi, its Shabui Sho' 'Nuff!!"

Lyrics are Here:
http://sheridan.gothcentric.com/lyrics/sinisterducks.php

 Animated Video is Here:
 http://pip.rubberfeet.org/stuff/ducks.html