Re: Complete Ork hardWare Book

From: MagnusLL <magnus_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:21:37 -0000

> I read ork hardwarebook: Great gargant have other variant which are
> in "De Aneys" galerie(MK1,2)?
>
> Forge world model are not in ork book?

The Ork hardware book available from the Epicentre is still in a very
preliminary version. I have a big update almost ready, which will
include many more units and pictures.

> Have you right to complete this book with GW, or Forge World
> picture?

The books are not sponsored by GW. I *think* that I'd have the right
to include lists of pictures for cataloguing purposes, but I certainly
don't need the aggravation of a cease-and-desist letter from GW' s
legal office. That's why the books come with a pretty extensive
initial disclaimer, and why I'm always looking for home made pictures
to substitute the ones taken from GW sources.

> Will Citadel Journal be in hardware?

The books are meant to represent every single different Epic unit ever
produced by GW, where "different" = "cast from a unique mold". That's
why E40K and E:A units get their own distinct entries (slightly
modified molds, even if the E:A ones, for most practical purposes, are
nothing more than recasts of the E40K vanilla variants).

As far as I know, there's nothing in CJ which qualifies. The only
thing I can think of right off the bat would be "Abominatus, despoiler
of worlds" i.e. the chaos imperator titan variant. That is a
conversion, though, not a proper mini, and thus it doesn't count [the
Warmonger, by comparison, is included because it features several
parts which were explicitly cast for this purpose]. Anyone can get an
Imperator, glue a good portion of metal bits and spikes on it, and
come up with his own Abominatus (which would probably be much better
looking than the goofy "official" version, but this is another matter
altogether).

Luca