(potentially stupid) rule questions

From: Stephane <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:12:53 -0000

Hi, I've been running a demo game of NetEpic in a local convention to
a success. Yet, I realised my understanding of rules was a bit
lacking...

I'd like to know just to be sure:

A command stand can't assault an enemy unit and fire at it in the
first fire phase... Is it correct? If not, can it fire at it in the
advance phase, providing it's still engaged in HtH? Typically, after
a tie in the combat phase?

Are there some class size restrictions on top of it, changing the
rule when different class sizes (for both the command unit and its
enemy) are implied?

What about other units with advance orders, still engaged in HtH in
the advance fire segment? Can they fire to their opponents, or not?

What happens when there is an obstruction to movement, like an
infantry on the path of a Titan? Do the largest unit must forfeit its
move further? Is the blocking unit moved aside? Left where it was if
the Titan moves beyond? Does it changes anything if implied units are
belonging to the same side or not?

Is it legal to put a unit on the edge of the battlefield so it can't
be attacked from behind? (maybe lame, but legal)

If a regiment is broken, is the morale test made immediately? If it
fails, do the Retreat order affects hand-to-hand fights happening in
the same turn with the -2? Do they have to test again for rout since
part of the unit is in Hand-to-Hand?

What is the height of your hills? Higher than anything else, or just
their real height? If a unit is just behind a hill, can a skimmer on
the other side of the hill make pop-up attacks on them - providing
the hill isn't very steep - or do being "just behind" cover makes it
impossible to be attacked?

What part of a model needs to be seen in order to shoot at it? Like
5% or 50%?

Thanks for your replies!

 Stephane