Re: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic Gold is here!!!

From: Ed Raith <ewraith_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:43:30 -0400

NetEpic Gold is a superb piece of work. Equal or better then any rule set
on the internet or in print for any game. Great pictures, nice formatting
(I'd rather have the portrait format), clear and consise. As soon as I saw
it I wanted to play!!

However, I have an old computer and printer. They simply will not do
NetEpic Gold justice. (Assuming my printer would make it through 11.6 Gigs
of NepEpic Gold.) Is there anyone out there with a real good printer that's
willing to print up NetEpic Gold for me? I will pay for materials used and
time spent. I not looking for a bargin basement deal. I want great
printing and I will pay for it. Just get back to me. ewraith_at_...

About the Formation Cards. I like the old cards front the best and the 4.1
Formation Card's back (with unit stats) the best. For me I'd like to
combine the two. Have any hard decisions been made about NetEpic Gold's
Formation cards? Nice idea to fit them to fit protective selves. (Now
where can I find the Formation cards for 4.1 on the internet[really, I can't
find them]?) The idea of having formation cards without unit pictures is a
bad one. Seeing the picture really helps alot. It gives a better feeling
for just what your fielding. That's why I like the original cards better.
There is silhouette for each stand/vehicle I'm going to field. A great way
to build your army and it makes things easier for beginners. As for using
the back of the FC for secret deployment or fog of war set up. You don't
want the card info squeezed on to one side. It's not easy to read. You
could always use card sleeves with one side unclear, place your cards, then
take them out of the sleeves. I'd rather see die cut counters for secret
deployment. Cheap, easy to change and adjust as ideas come in. Much more
appropriate and flexible then using the formation cards.

Is there going to be a printed edition? If so, perhaps new formation cards
and die cut counters (for orders and secret deployment, etc) could be
printed as well. It would really set NetEpic Gold up as the premier Epic
gaming system. Armageddon look out!!

Once again a super job NetEpic Gold. Truly a professional effort.
Ed Raith