Re: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic Gold is here!!!

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:46:54 -0400

Hi!

Ed Raith wrote:

>NetEpic Gold is a superb piece of work. Equal or better then any rule set
>on the internet or in print for any game. Great pictures, nice formatting
>(I'd rather have the portrait format), clear and consise. As soon as I saw
>it I wanted to play!!
>
>However, I have an old computer and printer. They simply will not do
>NetEpic Gold justice. (Assuming my printer would make it through 11.6 Gigs
>of NepEpic Gold.) Is there anyone out there with a real good printer that's
>willing to print up NetEpic Gold for me? I will pay for materials used and
>time spent. I not looking for a bargin basement deal. I want great
>printing and I will pay for it. Just get back to me. ewraith_at_...

I give you two options. One wait until the whole book is done and
avquire one of the actual printed books I wish to do. OR I can print you
one when its complete. :-)

>About the Formation Cards. I like the old cards front the best and the 4.1
>Formation Card's back (with unit stats) the best. For me I'd like to
>combine the two. Have any hard decisions been made about NetEpic Gold's
>Formation cards? Nice idea to fit them to fit protective selves. (Now
>where can I find the Formation cards for 4.1 on the internet[really, I can't
>find them]?) The idea of having formation cards without unit pictures is a
>bad one. Seeing the picture really helps alot. It gives a better feeling
>for just what your fielding. That's why I like the original cards better.
>There is silhouette for each stand/vehicle I'm going to field. A great way
>to build your army and it makes things easier for beginners. As for using
>the back of the FC for secret deployment or fog of war set up. You don't
>want the card info squeezed on to one side. It's not easy to read. You
>could always use card sleeves with one side unclear, place your cards, then
>take them out of the sleeves. I'd rather see die cut counters for secret
>deployment. Cheap, easy to change and adjust as ideas come in. Much more
>appropriate and flexible then using the formation cards.

The army cards will be full color with unit picture. They all be redone
at the end of the books work.

As for deployment in a hidden fashion. I was thinking along the lines
of what warzone did. I full color representation of the unit being
deployed in a hidden fashion, one detachment at a time or one model in
case of a titan or similar unit.

>Is there going to be a printed edition? If so, perhaps new formation cards
>and die cut counters (for orders and secret deployment, etc) could be
>printed as well. It would really set NetEpic Gold up as the premier Epic
>gaming system. Armageddon look out!!

Yes, but not until its all done and it may be relatively more costly
that regular books since the printing run will be small. But all that
infomation I will lay out when the time comes.

>Once again a super job NetEpic Gold. Truly a professional effort.
>Ed Raith

Many thanks!

Peter