Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: What was / is your Hardest Model to aquire??

From: douglas woodcock <douglas_woodcock_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:41:10 +0000 (GMT)

I dont know about 'undisputed King' in rarities but I do try hard ....lol

  I do own many rare models ranging from unreleased to greens to painted models from ex 'eavy metal' people. Even Paul Sawyer's Orks have found a new home.

  I know off hand that I am missing the following:

  Metal Ork battlewagons from Adeptus Titanicus era, pics in WD109 -112 i think
  Metal eldar falcon from same period although I have three but their authenticity is unsure
  Ork Stompa from Steve Mussared
  Unreleased Chaos Dreadnoughts & bikers shown in one of the UK Gamesdays which Paul Tuffskull painted for Fanatic
  Possible metal ork infantry variant poses from Adeptus era(I have five on a sprue)

  SO the list is quite short now. :)

Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...> wrote:
  douglas woodcock wrote:

> as a collector myself, I think the hardest to find when I knew about
> them was the Exodites. I did have a chance ages ago to buy them when
> I made an order and the UK Troll offered them and the Psi titan.... I
> only took the titan.
>
> Then when I discovered them vis US mail order is was easy.
> I think the next hardest thing was the Pre warlord titan. I tracked
> down Steve Mussared who did the resin Gargants who helped me find Bob
> Naismith who did sculpted the warlord, didnt have much luck but I then
> found a set of legs and carapace and then finally a complete titan via
> ebay. Maksim bought the second one from the same seller although I
> really wanted that one which had the head and weapons to boot.
>
> There are many models I have managed to get hold of even unreleased,
> and even a green, but the next one on my list was a stompa which was
> sculpted by Steve Mussared, though he no longers has the green or one
> of the models anymore. :(

Hi!

For those who dont know, Doug is the undisputed king of the rare epic
mini. He has stuff few people do. :-)

Yahoo! Groups Links