On Tau Again

From: Stephane <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:16:17 -0000

Hum, Kelvin, it seems definitely that the discussion did not happen!

I made several proposal; the one I found best was:

1. to give Tau fire warriors a 5+ to hit instead of 4+.
2. the reroll for Tau infantry would have been for first fire orders
and only when not base to base with an enemy unit.

Slightly downgrading them (a rerolled 5+ is worth a 3+ anyway, far
better than any basic infantry in the game) and keeping intact their
vulnerability in HtH.

For a Tau player it might be hard to swallow, I admit. Yet, I am not a
Tau player, a Tau hater or anything; I have plenty of NetEpic armies,
including Tau, and I found they were just too good at shooting, able to
repel any ground assault. Tau Fire warriors can't be expelled from a
building apart from massive use of artillery, and this is simply not
fitting their theme :)

 Stephane