Re: Army Cards and Hidden Deployment

From: warmaster_nice <priesttheycalledhim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:51:15 -0000

The hidden deployment has always been a bit tricky IMO: We also used
to draw maps of the battlefield and then make notes on where the
hidden units were deployed.

How about having a "sector grid" on which you mark out your hidden
deployments? Simply having a generic grid which doesn't show any
terrain features but simply divides any board into sectors (a bit
like a chess board) maybe some 20x20 cm each. You then declare
that "x" unit is concealed somewhere in this sector when an enemy
unit gets near.
Combine this grid with some kind of small formation counters and I
thik you'll have a fairly simlpe way of keeping track of hidden
setups.

Just a few random thoughts.

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ed Raith" <ewraith@...> wrote:

> I completely agree with: "I think the general trend would be
simple stats
> on the back, with silhouettes and simple information on the
front." That
> would be great.
> The function of hidden deployment can be done with "chits", 1
inch
> square card pieces (counters) with a picture and/or name of a
formation on
> one side and blank on the other. I'm thinking of the early
counters [WD110
> or so] that were unused to create the first Battalion Space Marine
> Formations. You could buy an army put it in a mug and then draw
counters
> as reinforcements each game turn so you wouldn't know exactly what
was
> coming or when. Another idea is that you buy an army and "X"
number of
> blanks are included in the army mix in the mug. Then draw a
certain
> percentage of the counters. So you may not get all of the
formations you