Army Cards and Hidden Deployment

From: Ed Raith <ewraith_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:09:32 -0400

I completely agree with: "I think the general trend would be simple stats
on the back, with silhouettes and simple information on the front." That
would be great.
     The function of hidden deployment can be done with "chits", 1 inch
square card pieces (counters) with a picture and/or name of a formation on
one side and blank on the other. I'm thinking of the early counters [WD110
or so] that were unused to create the first Battalion Space Marine
Formations. You could buy an army put it in a mug and then draw counters
as reinforcements each game turn so you wouldn't know exactly what was
coming or when. Another idea is that you buy an army and "X" number of
blanks are included in the army mix in the mug. Then draw a certain
percentage of the counters. So you may not get all of the formations you
bought. Your opponent is also guessing what's real and what isn't on the
table. Adjusting the number of blank counters, in addition to when and how
counters are drawn could simulate a wide variety of combat conditions and
add another dimension to choosing armies.
Ed