The Tau

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:53:01 +1000

As a new returnee, I was quite impressed at the balance in the Tau
list....couple of uber looking units for the points but generally pretty
good. Problem is, I didn't pay that much attention to the Defensive Fire
rule. That's a scary powerful ability, and now I look at it I don't think
any of the Tau units are expensive enough :-) A low CAF doesn't matter if
you never have to roll in CC. I would think the ability should probably
be limited to infantry and maybe walkers, make it optional, and if the
unit uses the ability they don't get to roll any dice in CC. Just my 2c.