Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: On Tau Again

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:14:08 -0400

Stephane wrote:

>Great! Glat we came to a consensus.
>
>While we are at the subjects, some members raised the point of a too
>good CAF for Battlesuits - some go as far as +6, which is similar to
>Terminators - and asked to have this stat lowered.
>
>Currently, a full Crisis Suits unit can assault easily and wipe out
>opponents mercilessly although it's not designed to be a close-combat
>unit.
>
>What about capping CAF of Tau units to +3 or +4? Not negligible, but
>hardly enough to win in CC. And weaker than termies.
>
> Stephane

Hi!

I like this. There to hits should be VERY good. At least 4+. But their
CAF's should be capped. +4 sounds good.

This and eliminating the re-roll should do it.

On another note, if "defensive fire" is desired. Why not just give
infantry a "free" fire action versus units that engage them in close
combat? It simulates their ability and no pesky rerolls.

Opinions?

Peter