Re: [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 1840

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:01:24 +1000

Hi There,

I actually prefer your stand alone list, so thanks for writing it :-)
However, it is kind of hard to build a balanced, effective army because of
the way the army cards are structured, particulalrly the very long list of
special cards. With the NetEpic 5.0 rules, perhaps the Fire Gale Host
could be made a unique army card (as the Royal Clan), and all the
"Technological" support cards be limited to only the Fire Gale Host
company card. As it stands, I spend my special card slots on getting
Tempest and Guardian Hosts and Nightwings so the army has some ranged
firepower and air defense, and never get to take the cool specials like
the Dragon Warriors, Spitrit Priests and Spirit Dancers. Making the
Warithguard host a normal clan company card would also help without
upsetting the flavour too much. Just some suggestions.

As for minis, I use modified Slannesh Beast Riders as Swamp Dragons (a few
snips with a clipper and a quick file and they look pretty good IMO), Man
O'War High Elf Dragon riders as Sky Dragons, and some 10c plastic
Ankylosaurus as mineral dragons. :-) I did think of the MoW Manticore
riders (without the wings) as a type of modified Tiger Beast rider, but I
don't have enough for a Company yet.

Message 1