Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Exodites

From: Jyrki Saari <mojarn_piett_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephane <kotrin_at_...> wrote:

> Hi Peter, I'll take your post as the true meaning of
> the message I
> misread, and hope that Exodite book is subject to
> debate with an open
> mind :)
>
> I would like to mention two things regarding the
> reply of J Saari:
>
> "First of all, as the Exodites were not officially
> released there were
> no blister constraints in designing the units."
>
> In fact, they have been officially released. It
> happened somewhere in
> 1995-1997.
[snip]

I know the pics were published in WD. However, none of
the figures ever made it to the stores. Unfortunately.

> "Second, I wrote the fluff (nearly) from scratch to
> represent my view
> of the Exodites and the availablity of the knights
> is from the fluff
> perspective."
>
> I have no problem with that but it opens a question
> over what
> Exodites *are*. By using the word Exodites for this
> book, it becomes
> moreso the official standalone version (I doubt both
> Eldar army
> book's list and the standalone one are going to
> survive long. It's
> not even desirable.) If some guy write a new version
> of the Exodites,
> will he be able to call his book "Exodites" too?
> Exodite MkII? Should
> the existing book becomes "Mojarn's view of
> Exodites"? I don't think
> one book can really claim precedence over any other
> version.

I see no problem there. The one in the Eldar book is
the "real" one. Everything else are just optional fan
lists to be used if desired. :o) Yar just thought the
list was cool enough for him to make it into a
separate army book as he was editing the books for 5th
edition.

> Please don't take offense from the paragraph earlier
> - I don't plan
> to write another Exodite list and I don't know
> anyone doing so. Two
> versions for this list is already plenty!! I would
> just like this
> army to become more practical and to work on
> existing material. Your
> writing of Exodite fluff has merits but it conflicts
> with official
> background for them.

Probably, as I wrote it myself. However, Net Epic
fluff is known for having conflicts with the GW fluff
as the latter tends to mutate more rapidly than a
Tzeentchian Chaos Spawn. Take Squats, for example. In
Official GW fluff they don't even exist. Other
examples include Slann, Necrons and Tyranids.

> This was released in White
> Dwarf #126 and
> written by Andy Chambers. I have another good new:
> it's even online!!
> See this page:
>
> http://exodite.home.comcast.net/sub_epic40k.html
>
> (since there's lot of stuff, search for "the birth"
> and you'll find
> the adequate area)
>
> You know, when I suggested to change the cardinality
> of Exodite
> knights, the composition of exodite forces and a
> more common presence
> for Knights in those armies, I wasn't making things
> up - I'm not
> talented for such matters... :) - but just relying
> on released
> material and informations I gathered.
>
> If we can edit the Exodite army book, I volunteer
> for such work.
>
> Stephane

Jyrki Saari