Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Exodites and Hydras

From: Jyrki Saari <mojarn_piett_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 06:07:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephane <kotrin_at_...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to improve the existing Exodite list,
> not throw someone's
> cherished work out of the window.
>
> NetEpic process has always been to add and improve
> from version to
> version and the 5.0 tag imply that there has been
> previous versions
> before, and (I hope) changes for the better from one
> to the next. If
> exodite army list is not open to revision not
> discussion and
> constitutes an exception, how could I know?

I never said it wasn't. On the contrary I invited
anyone who wants to do so to write expansions for the
list.

However, as I pointed out the Exodite list was written
for Inconing! and, thus, has never been "officially"
adopted as one of the Net Epic "canon" lists, like for
example marines are.

> I am sorry if I opened a can of worms with this
> Exodite subject, and
> moreover if I offended anyone, as Mojarn's reply
> tone seems to suggest
> :(

I wasn't offended. However, I did want to share my
design philosophy. For instance, you asked why the
knights are rare when they are not lost technology. I
pointed out the answer.

> Stephane, a bit disappointed

Jyrki Saari