Re: Pick and Mix

From: Adam S. Demeter <asdemeter_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:25:02 -0000

You'll have to tell me where this Tactical Command site is
sometime...sounds like it might be worth checking out.

This is a good idea, here. The only thing I would add is that if
you have 3 Leman Russ', you can't just make them into 3 separate
versions of this. I guess the rule would be that you can only do it
once with each different type of model. Maybe I'm off base with
this, but it would allow someone to spread out a card across several
different companies, and I'm not sure that wouldn't screw with the
integrity of building the list...or do you think it would still
balance out and be OK? That was my first thought...but beyond that,
I like the rule, and would even use it. I have some models like
that. lol

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "enderel" <enderel@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Another thought idea that I have been playing with to allow
greater
> flexibility in small scale games, is the ability to change the way
you
> pick army lists.
>
> My initial thoughts are as follows -
>
> Only available upto 3000 points.
>
> You must purchase company cards still.
>
> Support cards can be picked in a different way. Instead of
purchasing
> a detachment of Leman Russ's for example you could purchase 1 and
this
> counts as a support card allowance.
>
> The cost of the model would be the cost of the detachment divided
by
> the amount of models in the detachment rounded up to the nearest
25pts.

> The new model would be added to the break point of the originating
> company rather than having it's own break (like Orks use to in
their
> clans) It would also increase that units victory points
accordingly.