Re: Who the hell is in charge here?

From: Adam S. Demeter <asdemeter_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:33:24 -0000

First: change the options so that in order to join the group, you
have to APPLY to do it. This will keep things on the level...trust
me.

Second: to expedite that process for the legit people that want to
join, you can add more moderators, as long as you have that power as
a moderator yourself. You should. Make me one...I run a TON of
groups, for everything from music to fantasy sports. lol I'll
clean things up, and I'll make sure that no more spammers get in.

Third: delete any and all people that aren't active...that means
that if it says they're "bouncing", you pitch them out. They
changed e-mails, and aren't paying attention anyway. And most
likely, they're a spammer to begin with. Also, delete any and all
posts that are spam, too...in the unlikely event someone slips
through the cracks. I also like to say things to the guilty party,
and they're usually colorful (I'm a writer/editor...lol), but that's
your call. I admit it's fun sometimes. lol

That should do it. I understand that you didn't set it all up,
etc. But you know, I can take about 15 minutes, tops, and fix
this...alternately, if you guys want, I can take 15 minutes and set
up a NetEpic Part Deux or something, and just invite EVERYONE that's
in the group now, and we'll have one that runs efficiently, etc.
Any moderators now could be owners there...you can make people
owners, as well as moderators. Yeah, it becomes some work...but I'm
on disability, and while I have tons of time, I don't mind doing
it. lol

Anyway...I agree that I like the group...if not, I wouldn't be
here...or I wouldn't care that Mona and her ilk are here, too. Call
me old-fashioned, call me anal retentive...I just can't stand it,
and when we have the quiet days here - which happens, and that's OK -
 and I get nothing BUT spam, I start to get ticked. We don't have
ANY spammers in my groups...but that's because I decided that I
would just get the e-mails from people wanting to be in the group,
and approve them case-by-case. If I don't know who they are, or
they don't seem like they're a legit person, I ask them to tell me
what game they play, etc. If they end up being a spammer that I
thought wasn't one or something, I delete them, AND I delete the
posts they made.

Like I said...if you make me a moderator, I'll be MORE than happy to
help you out with it. And no, I won't do much else. lol Unless
you ask me to, of course. But I'm not coming in and trying to
change anything...except this epidemic. Let me know...

A.D.

P.S. - I'm declaring a Waaaaaagh! on spam!!!! lol

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Ramos <primarch@...> wrote:

> Adam S. Demeter wrote:
> >
> > And can someone PLEASE do something about all the damn spam? I
> > looked...there's an owner and 2 moderators...one of the
moderators is
> > bouncing...that pretty much means he's worthless. Please...make
ME a
> > moderator, and I'll fix it. I'll make it so that no one can join
new
> > without sending a message...when they send one that says, "Hey,
I love
> > Epic, I play this army..." or something like that, they'll be in.
> > When their ID is something like "mona" or some shit, and they say
> > nothing, they won't be allowed in. Simple...no more spammers, no
more
> > spam. But damn...do SOMETHING.

9/27/2006