RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos Squat list

From: ciber nyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:51:25 +0100

The Chaos Squat army list is quite nice and full of ideas. I don't like the
warhammer approach to chaos squats (with hobgoblins and such) but that's
just a personal matter.

I have to read further, but I came across the following idea for the
tankers:

lower the CAF of tankers to +1, make them free support cards of one
tanker,cost 0, 1VP (max one per company) like commissars and add the
following:

"When a tanker losses a CC or fails is Saving throw roll a dice and look up
the table:

1 - Traction damaged: the engine, the weels or a mechanical part is broken.
The tanker cannot move any longer. If rolled a second time, roll again.
2 - Cabin damaged: The tanker controls are destroyed and the tanker is
effectively destroyed without further effects.
3-4 - "The tank is leaking!" Roll a dice at the end of each movement phase.
On a roll of 6+ the tanker explodes. Each time you get this result add a
cumulative +1 to that roll. When exploding, all targets within 2d6cm must
pass their saving throws or be destroyed. Shielded units loose a Shield.
5 - "It's going to explode!!!" The tanker explodes at the end of the next
movement phase.Treat the explosion as above.
6 - "It's going to...KABOOM!!" Explodes. Treat explosion as above

on results 3-5, the tanker can move during the next movement phase as usual
(unless without traction or pinned, of course). Destroyed Tankers that are
about to explode or roll for explosion, will face their fate on following
turns..."

And keep the rule of double victory points for tankers over objectives on
the other side of the board.