[NetEpic ML] Re: Necrons for NetEpic

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 13:08:48 -0000

I'm kinda in 2 minds here. I think what is in the Slann book and GW
cannon have diverged a lot, so I support the call for a proper Necron
list. Particularly in light of the fact that the Necrons supposedly
killed off the "old ones" :-). However, if we are doing a "proper"
Necron list I'd like to see it based on the actual 40K Necrons rather
than the E:A list.

I think stand-alone, the NetEpic Necrons look to be about the most
unbalanced force in the whole range. They get a bunch of specials
for every single stand and appear to have paid 0 points for them, and
their regen should be 6+ or at very best 5+ IMO. Personally, I'd be
quite happy if they were removed from the Slann book entirely. I
think this would leave it pretty nicely balanced, though you'd
probably have to give the Slann aircraft or effective AA. Obviously
people who have built a NetEpic Necron force probably wouldn't agree
here. A name change might be an appropriate measure....but please
not Slanndroids....the pun is terrible. Call em T2s, Bugspray, Late
for Dinner....but not Slanndroids.

:-)