[NetEpic ML] Re: Necrons for NetEpic

From: Robert McCord <rdmcii_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:08:23 -0000

I am happy to see that the " we can all have our fluff and eat it
too" approach was well received. It continues to amaze me that net
epic works as well as it does and that a real spirit for making it
work to everyones satisfaction exsists.

I am concern that net epic fluff that we create may creat yet more
issues. An example is that old GW fluff has the slann as the oldest
race, and new GW fluff has yet older races. This directly impacts
necron fluff.

The answer is what the situation would be in the real universe:
mystery and difference of opinion, just like we are seeing on the
list. The slann and necrons are not giving interviews. Both are real
old. their own info may be corruptted.

The best approach should be:
"Scholars differ on origin of the Necrons (or slann for that matter)
some argue that they were once one race (or oldest race), others that
they are merely two similar automations that are united by the name
we give them (that there are others far older)...

This approach is in many ways the most realistic and can reconcile
most any contriditions so everyone can " have it your way" and we can
get back to having fun and playing!

Bob