Re: Necrons for NetEpic -Fluffy Stuff

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 23:49:51 -0000

I don't think there needs to be any association or comparison in
ordinality between Slann and C'tan at all. Have an independant group
of "loyal" Necrons stumble upon the Ancient C'Tan in incorporeal form
draining power from the sun. The Necrons capture the C'tan and
encase in a metal exoskeleton. C'tan learns about all the stuff
going on in the Universe of which it/they were previously oblivious
to. Talks to his C'tan mates, gets them some exoskeletons, and they
take over their Necron discoverors and decide to use them as tools
for a genocidal purge of all life in the Universe that is not
C'tan......

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Joshua Raup <deaconblue3@...> wrote:

> Nils has some interesting ideas. However, I think it would be
better to keep the Slann as the progenitors of life in the universe.
As such, my basic idea is to have the Slann "create" or "evolve" the
C'tan to be their main assistants. The C'tan then "revolt" against
the Slann, taking Slann technology and using it against them (ie
Necrons). The Necrons would have originally been tomb guards, used
to prevent the new races from getting hold of Slann technology before
the right time, as well as guards for high ranking Slann. The C'tan
revolt would then have the C'tan reprogramming the Necrons, and
adpating the Necrons to use against the Slann. This allows for the
stand alone Necron list (C'tan modified), and will show why the Slann
were reduced so greatly, and why the C'tan have disappeared.