Pulsar vs Pulse Laser

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 02:18:46 +1000

>100cm, 2D3 hits. The scout titan weapon chart is slighty confusing
>since it features TWO scout titan pulse laser, so twice the firepower
>listed under the weapon profile. Mmmh, those 600 points are
>deserved...

All from the NetEpic 5.0 book (just so we're all on the same page.)

The Eldar book is pretty messed up with regard to Pulsars and Pulse Lasers.

All Pulse Lasers (Revenants, Scorpions) should be the same - 75cms and 1D3
hits (per weapon). �The unit stats table at the back (P41) gets the range
correct, and the Scorpion has the correct description & stats as well. (Revenants
never had a 100cm range except for its missiles).

For some reason, Pulsar has dissappeared from the book totally and Pulse
Laser is used instead in the Titan section, getting the points cost and
description of a Pulsar. �The Pulsar (Phantom, Warlock) has the 100cm range
and 1d6 hits.

Of course, as an Eldar player I'd love to take the descriptions on the
Revenant template...I'd field a dozen of them!!! �But realistically, in that case a
pair of Revenants should be 700+ points, not the 400 they are now :-). �Hard to see how a detachment would get 33% cheaper than it was in the SM2 days, while at the same time more than doubling in firepower!

Oh, WD186 for the original Revenant rules.