[NetEpic ML] Re: Necrons for NetEpic

From: Gary <gary_clark1946_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:26:15 -0000

Peter... or anyone for that mater....

Have you reviewed the draft of the Slaan book yet? I am not set up
here in the US so can't work on it but need some feedback. I think
the Necrons look good but thinking the cost should go up 25 or 50
points with "skimmers".

The other thing is stripping the skimmers out of the "Exodus" list
all together, using all wheeled vehicles.

Gary

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, Peter Ramos <netepic@...> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Like I said before, it is perhaps high time to just make a name
change
> for slann necrons and make a list for the "regular" necrons.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Peter
>

> Gary wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stephane,
> >
> > Boy am I embarrsed. I didn't mean to come across so defensive.
> >
> > It just struck me that you were against the Slann version. I can
see
> > that is not the case. You just want the GW version also. I must
> > admit preference for the NetEpic one as I never cared for the
undead
> > thing. I do hope tht you will take a look at it though. I think it
> > would make a good base for what you want.
> >
> > GW did crate the Epic universe but I stopped taking them as gospel
> > years ago. To many lies and lack of support for Epic.
> >
> > Once again my apologies for the way I sounded.
> >
> > Gary
> >
> > --- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com <mailto:netepic%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Stephane" <kotrin_at_> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hy Gary

> > > Don't take it personnally Gary, I know how much work you (and
many
> > > others) have put in this list :)
> > >
> > > I have no problem with people enjoying current Slaan book, where
> > > Necrons are slaan allies and the like. There's Smurf Army list,
> > > Undead army list and whatever one may come up with. In this
regard
> > > the Slaan army book certainy holds much more legitimacy than
many
> > > variants created for fun. I've read many messages here on how to
> > > balance Slaan units and where to find suitable miniatures.
That's
> > > much work from enthusiasts and I know how one can be slightly on
> > the
> > > defensive when his/her work is criticized - 'did it more than
once!

> > > The thing is that Slaan Army book is not threatened at all.
> > >
> > > Now, my stance on Necrons:
> > Smurfs
> > >
> > > You are right, GW can change fluff at whim and did it many
times.
> > > Yet, it would be a bit extreme do decree that GW fluff is
> > worthless
> > > for that reason. They define the canon, and I think we should to
> > take
> > > it into account, albeit not being bound by it. GW has a (slight)
> > > legitimacy in the shape of the W40K universe, don't you
agree? :)

> > > The problem is that current state of Necrons is not reflected in
> > > NetEpic. They DO exist in W40K settings as a standalone race.
> > > Although you might believe otherwise, I think they are here to
> > stay.
> > > Moreover, there's even an unofficial, but not fan-based, E:A
list
> > for
> > > them! With the current pool or resources allocated to Epic games
> > by
> > > GW, few races can claim a similar attention.
> > >
> > > Sure, we are not forced to burn our Squat miniatures, thanks to
> > > NetEpic. But we aren't bound in the past either, where Necrons
> > only
> > > existed as a few background keywords. I don't see it any
> > > differently than when Tau were released.
> > >
> > > Long ago, I started gathering Necron-like miniatures - you know,
> > the
> > > famous Chaos Androids from the Chaos sprue. I saw several Epic
> > Necron
> > > armies in different forums, very inspiring and characterful. But
> > they
> > > were all for E:A game, based on the unofficial Necron army
list. I
> > > wanted to create a pure Necron force for NetEpic, with Pylons,
> > > Monoliths, the Abbattoir and other goodies, and couldn't.
> > >
> > > The point is that there is no full-fledged Necron army list for
> > > NetEpic. Not everyone want to field them as Slaan allies!

> > GW's
> > Everyone
Draft