Tau Tactical Genius Ability

From: ajremesnik <adam.remesnik_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:43:52 -0000

I am having difficulty understanding the usefulness of this ability.

I way playing an oppenent using a Tua army. He kept tring to use
Tactical Genius after his Orders phase was complete. When i pointed
out that the rules state that he may only use it during orders phase,
he stated that it must be a type-o. And that there is no value to
this ability if it can only be used before the completion of the
orders phase.

I have checked both Tua army list v5 and v5.1 and the rule is almost
the same wording as below. (taken from v5 army list.)

The Shas'o may use their Tactical Genius power once per turn in the
Orders Phase.
Tactical Genius: One Tau detachment within 10 cm may shift their
given orders one step in either direction along the following line:
Charge Advance First Fire. Charge does not wrap around to First Fire.

Is this a mistake? or am i missing the intented purpose of this
ability.

adam