[NetEpic ML] Re: Chaos Demons and Primarchs

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:22:49 +1100

At 08:24 PM 2/12/00 -0500, Darius wrote:
>I agree the Avatar is useless. Always dies to bolter fire. But he is free
>and the demons aren't. My point is that the demons don't a get fixed 2+save.
>They only get to save with their chaos cards.

Check out the differences more closely.

The Avatar has a limited movement rule. Daemons don't. Daemons often have
special powers (such as the Bloodthirster's follow-up, the Lord of Change's
Bolt of Change, etc) while the Avatar only has its pathetic spear/sword.
Daemons can save themselves by giving up the Chaos Cards (a guarenteed
save) while the Avatar has to save on a 2+, which it can fail. If you know
your Daemon will probably fail, give a card and it keeps fighting. Daemons
'inspire' their troops. The Avatar doesn't.

I believe that these differences make the Daemons worth their points.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."