RE: [NetEpic ML] Digest Number 2122

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:43:40 +1000

Bruce is correct. We have played this way for a long time now and yes, units in transports can perform a pretty impressive "Alpha Strike" charge in one turn, but in subsequent turns they are reduced to foot-slogging. They are in no way better than cavalry units like bikes and Rough Riders. These kinds of transported-infantry charges are actually very hard to pull off. A canny opponent will see it coming and set up accordingly. Plus if you wait a turn and keep the units in their transports, you risk making said transports juicy targets for the enemy.