Spam won't be allowed...

From: A.D. <asdemeter_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 13:20:41 -0000

...and I'm definitely making sure that it's handled. I approve all memberships, and don't approve any that just want to be added without telling me something...anything...somewhat related to the game. I've gotten some that were very detailed...and some that just said, "Love to play Epic." lol That's all I need. But when it says something suspect, like, "hi" or something like that, I don't let them in. I do write to them to tell them that if they truly are NetEpic players, or interested in being so, to let me know. I have yet to get a response to that e-mail...so I'm assuming that so far, we've stopped a few spammers.

There were also 2 messages that even Yahoo picked up as spam. I'm not sure if that guy was hacked or what, but I wrote to him and told him what was going on. But I also removed him...not banned, though. I told him to write me back if it was unjust, and he'd be back in immediately. But I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Another message with a spam link got posted...Yahoo didn't catch it. But I saw it and removed it. No subject and a very obvious spam link. I removed that guy, too. Again...he can come back if he can explain it away, and I'll certainly take his word for it, no problem. But he didn't even have a description or anything in his profile. The first guy did.

Anyway...just letting you all know that I'm definitely on top of it, and for the most part, we've been spam-free since I starting moderating it. If you think you have been hacked or something, and this happens to you, let me know, and again, you'll be back in. My only goal with things is to keep the spammers and spam-bots out. Beyond that, I don't care who's in or out of the group. lol

A.D.