Re: [NetEpic ML] Net EPic Special Announcement: Changing of the guard

From: nyam nyam <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:44:04 +0000

Hi,

sad to read this Peter, but I perfectly understand your reasons. 20 years is a long time and we all move on onto new commitments and new visions. Heck, it might be over 10 years for me as well since I played a NetEpic game (or any actual long miniature game whatsoever I'm afraid).

Nevertheless, let me say that the work done over the years at NetEpic has been outstanding. I doubt any of the current miniature games that (re-)spawned from GW can claim such a solid, consistent and accepted ruleset over so many years.

[Rant part] Not to say that when everybody was suffering the constant marketing/sales-drive change of fluff, rules and games, NetEpic would still evolve without losing that feeling of army command and simplicity. I've watched briefly a few big games of WH40k this Winter from local groups and I felt that they were trying to acquire this feeling (lots of tanks and even a 40k size Warhound in there). It's not even close. The simplicity of the NetEpic rules and army construction packed with the fast gameplay path for such big display of troops has been the first pilar of success. The second is obviously the approach based on strength in numbers and strategy rather than the classical my-boss/tank/Wizard-is-bigger-than-yours approach of other GW games.

Anyway, just to say that although this has been a collective and cooperative effort, it is doubtless you have a (very) remarkable share of responsibility on this success.

My grateful thanks for all this work and If you end up coordinating other groups I wish you lots of luck and success like happened with NetEpic!

Also good luck for Robert as well!

Albert