[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Issue: Titans

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:52:47 +0200

[snip]
> -->How about scaling weapon damage? I mean, should a single stand of
> infantry be able to take down any titan's void shield? Does
> that stand
> generate enough energy/power to take down/overload the
> shield? I would
> say not. Something like 6 infantry scale hits in a single
> turn, to take
> down 1 shield. 5 for hvy weapons, and 2 for the bigger guns. Things
> like the volcano cannon, and other titan weapons would still act as
> normal. I do see where this could cause some PITA work, but
> it does make
> some sense. This would help put an end to the use of
> infantry firing off
> to take down the shileds before hitting a titan with the big stuff.
> Other than that, the stuff above works for me.

One problem: what if the shield gets hit by a variety of weapons; 2 bolters
and 4 lascannons? It should be decided how many infantry weapons equal one
heavy weapon and how many heavies equal one big gun. Personally I like this
but since I seem to be the only one here who likes ASL type rules and <gasp>
bookkeeping I'm afraid this will not fit in the keep it simple mentality. ;)

Jyrki Saari