[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Issue: Titans

From: Wilding K <kwildi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:29:41 +0000

> What are you talking about!!!! A Tech priest is someone that devoted his
> whole life to learn the technology, as the same for other types of these
> knid of units. They full well know how things work. A regular trooper might
> not but they do.

Sure, they can repair it or make it work, but they don't really
understand it. Hence all the rituals - they're a way of passing the
knowledge on to successive generations of priest 'parrot fashion'.

'In nomine yea verily use a 3/8ths spanner sancte ex liberatum and give
it a good thwack with all thine might..'

I don't see engineers or mechanics today praying to a machine god and
making sacrifices when they change a carb or design a new aircraft. That
would be pretty freaky, if you were taxing down the runway and the
flight engineer sacrificed a chicken or summat to ensure you got across
the Atlantic...

I always figured that big stuff like titans can't even be made by the
imperium anymore, hence the veneration and reverance given to old
machines. Of course, that's just IMHO.