[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Issue: Titans

From: Joshua W Raup <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:15:12 -0500

One problem: what if the shield gets hit by a variety of weapons; 2
bolters
and 4 lascannons? It should be decided how many infantry weapons equal
one
heavy weapon and how many heavies equal one big gun. Personally I like
this
but since I seem to be the only one here who likes ASL type rules and
<gasp>
bookkeeping I'm afraid this will not fit in the keep it simple mentality.
;)

Jyrki Saari

--->yeah, i thought of this too. a point system might be better. Then
teh scaling works just the same, but each hit does x ammount of damage to
the shield. say, for example, that a shield needs 10 "hit factors" (for
lack of a better term), to take it down. Titan scale weapons would do
10, thus automatically taking down the shield. Infantry weapons
(bolters,lasguns, etc), would do 1 point, hvy weapons would do 2, and the
tank weapons would do 3 points a hit. the real problem I see is keeping
track of such things in a turn. An example: A Warlord get's hit by 3
infantry tands (3pts), 2 hvy weapons stands (4pts), then a volcano cannon
(10pts). this would only take down one shield, nt carrying over to the
next. If there's more shots coming, it could be a bit of head ache
keeping track of things in a single turn. Nothing like shooting holes in
your own ideas, is there?

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell