[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision: Deathstrike Missiles

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:19:47 -0800

2) Possibly DITCH the warp missile. Why the hell do Imperial Guard
weenies get one of the rarest weapons (per fluff) in the entire
Imperium? I'd replace it with a FASCAM version (minefield layer) or a
SADAR warhead (12cm template, all vehicles under template attacked at
4+, -1 TSM).

If the Deathstrike missiles (Barraage, Harpoon, and Warp) are NOT the
cruise version, but the original titan versions, I'd like to see the
Deathstrike Battery of three launchers become a Special Card. They have
a poor saving throw, and are the first units to be fired at. But, as
pointed out by Tzeentch and others, very powerfull. When I've played
them in the past, the launcher needed to be on First Fire orders and
have a clear LOS to the target. There was no Cruise limitation.

If we wish to make these three types of Deathstrike missiles, cruise
missiles/flyers, then I think the Special Card idea is not necessary.
Some type of rules will be made, to "Dumb" these originally potent
weapons down, to a more acceptable level.

I like the name "Skipjack", Tzeentch. Not as good as the "Warprat
Missile", but then again, what could be......? ;)

Warprat ;)