[NetEpic ML] Re: Slann Magus

From: Karlsen Rune <Rune.Karlsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:31:43 +0100

Well, considering a Slann titan costs a minimum of 2000 points, i think
sacrificing
a warlock to immobilize it is a very cheap solution. Besides, you could
place the
warlock behind lots of inf. stands which all would have to be eliminated
before you
could take out the warlock. If the warlock has maximum range (75cms), you'd
have to
eliminate ALL the other closer inf. before you take out the warlock. You
have to remember
that the Slann don't really have any barrage, except for 2-3 titan weapons
and the
mantis missiles, which don't kill. An army with alot of Psychers could
easily immobilize
the Slann Titan, and once it is immobilized, thats half the army points
of a 4000 point battle right there...Is that fair?

Ok, the warlock pins on a 4+, thats a 50% chance. With 2 warlocks trying,
that's 100%
riht there. Exploiting army weaknesses is a good tactic, but when some
weaknesses
clearly unbalance the game, the general concensus are to change them. That's
what
this group is all about, right? That's why we're changing Titan regen rolls,
and
moving reactors and all that...Please tell me if im wrong, i'd hate to have
misunderstood the purpose of this group ;)

Rune