[NetEpic ML] Re: New to list,a few questions/ideas

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <canapi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:14:13 +0100

Travis Smart wrote:

> Hello. I am new to this list. I have played Titan Legions quite a bit,though
> admittedly it has been a while. Tried E40K,didnt like it.I am now into
> NetEpic,and I have to say I love it. I have a few questions that I need
> clarified though,and was hoping this list could help me.

Welcome aboard.

> 1) Is it legal to use an eldar Warlocks "eldritch storm" psychic ability on
> a unit in close combat? for instance,eldar jetbikes are charged by rough
> riders,and the warlock casts Eldritch storm,with the template touching
> several rough riders,but none of the Jetbikes.Technically it cannot do
> damage,and does not threaten the bikes at all as they are not within the
> template.On the other hand,it might be considered shooting into close
> combat.

If they are in CC no, you cannot fire anything in CC even if you never
hurt your troops.

> 5) from what point do you measure range and LOS,the closest outside edge of
> the base,or the model itself?

Simply use common sense, usually we measure from base to base, if you
are under the base it's ok, anyway it's really unfair questioning about
1 mm or 2, after all it's a game, you can try to mesure from the center
of bases but I bet that some "rulequoter" will moan for the real
position of the center, so use common sense it's the right answer.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...