[NetEpic ML] Re: Eldar titan CCW was New to list,a few questions/ideas

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:10:21 -0800

Hi Trav!

First off, I think we need to think what the weapon will look like.
Whatever power it's capable of can really be fitted to most any shape.

What is available, right now, that can be used to represent new combat
ability on the model? I think we have 3 ways to go:

1) Powerfist. If the Powerfist is used, it could represent a new type
of Powerfist, or a glove/gauntlet that goes over the normal Powerfist.

2) Some other Eldar titan weapon, like the Pulsar, already in use. This
could represent a lance, perhaps modifying the weapon some by adding a
do-dad (technical term), or cutting the normal weapon, niether or both.

3) Some other weapon, not in the normal Eldar titan arsenal of normal
weapons.

How about these ideas?

1) Gauntlet of Khaine: The Gauntlet is a sacred weapon, blessed at one
of the holy shrines to Khaine, the Eldar god of Battle. It is a
powerfull close combat weapon, which uses causes deadly harmonic
vibations, to help rip the target apart.

This armored gauntlet resembles the Power Fist. A Titan armed with this
weapon, however, may choose to automatically destroy one vehicle or
troop stand (other than another Titan/Praetorian) that is in base to
base contact with the Titan before close combat begins.

Enemy Titans/Praetorians in combat with this weapon, must subtract 1d6
from thier CAF, due to the subsonic vibrations introduced into the crew
compartment of the opposing Titan/Praetorian.

Titans in base to base contact with buildings may elect, in addition to
normal attacks, to hit the building once. The building must make a save
with -5 modifier, or be destroyed. Buidings that fail a save versus
this weapon are counted as destroyed, not damaged.

This weapon has no ranged attack weapons, unlike the Power Fist.

2) Glove of The Great Harlequin: Blessed by The Great Harlequin,
himself. This rare Titan weapon, fits over the normal Power Glove, that
the Eldar choose normally as a close combat option for thier Titans.

This Titan is protected by the ever-watchful eye of the Eldar god!
In Close Combat, an Eldar Titan armed with this weapon (In conjunction
with the Power Fist), may re-roll once per close combat resolution its
close combat dice (meaning if it is engaged by multiple units it may
re-roll its close combat dice for each individual engagement).

Unfortunately, the Glove of The Great Harlequin, covers the normal
Shuriken Cannons in the Power Fist, so they are unable to fire. Fine
motor control of the Power Fist, is also lost, due to the heavy material
of the Glove. The special grab attack may not be proformed.

Titans in base to base contact with buildings may elect, in addition to
normal attacks, to hit the building once. The building must make a save
with a -3 modifier, or be destroyed. Buidings that fail a save versus
this weapon are counted as destroyed, not damaged. Due to The Great
Harlequin, attacks against buidings, may also be re-rolled once as well.

Hope you like these!

Warprat ;)

Titans